Give Your Cat Better Treatment by Understanding Them Better Using This Easy & Safe to Use DNA Test
Every cat is unique. Get to know yours better with this Basepaws Breed + Health DNA Test. This testing kit helps cat owners learn about their cat's breed, health, traits, and habits - all with just a bit of DNA collected at home. It won't hurt your furry friend. All you have to do is collect your cat's DNA sample by gently swabbing the inside of their cheek and send back the swab to Basepaws. Your report will include a comparison of 4 main breed groups and 21 individual breeds, Chromosome Map, Wild Cat Index, 39 genetic markers associated with 17 diseases, and more. Give your cat better treatment by understanding them better, inside and out.
Featured in WIRED, Glamour, BuzzFeed, Fortune, Ellen's List, and Shark Tank!
- Breed groups. Estimate your cat's origins to more than 21 breed types & 4 breed regions
- 43 genetic markers. Get reports on mutation, carrier status & predisposition to 17 diseases
- Oral Health Report. Risk scores for 3 of the most common dental conditions in cats: periodontal disease, tooth resorption, bad breath.
- Wild cat index. Find out how similar you cat's genome is to a tiger, lion, cheetah, cougar & other big wild cats
- Health. Get some health recommendations according to your cat's test results and 1-click share with your veterinarian.
- Easy & fast. Receive results in just 4 to 6 weeks
- Non-invasive. Simply swab your cat's cheek for 5 seconds, then send the sample back to the lab
- Must-have for cat parents. Designed to increase knowledge of feline genetics & the impact DNA has on the health and behavior of cats
How It Works
- Create an account at basepaws.com and activate your CatKit upon its arrival. Shipping within the US is free
- Collect your cat's DNA sample by gently swabbing the inside of their cheek for 2 to 5 seconds
- Secure your sample within the return shipping box and mail it back to Basepaws lab. Free return shipping too!
- You will get notified via email once your sample is received. Your report will be available in 4 to 6 weeks from the date your sample arrives at the laboratory
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a breed identifier (we cannot confirm your cat's pedigree). We report the breed composition of your cat by looking for genomic similarities to specific breeds.
"Perfect gift to your cat-loving friends and cat-owners. We learned completely unexpected information about our cats' breed and genetic makeup! Very easy to use - and with a very comprehensive result review." Konstantin
"Smooth process & quick turn around time...The breed + health marker reports give me peace of mind knowing my cat is not at risk for any major health diseases." Gaby
- Dimensions: 4.1"H x 9.7"L x 1"W
- Breed Groups & Wild Cat Index
- Genetic disease markers
- Health recommendations
- Non-invasive swab collection
Constantly updated database
- Comprehensive reports
- US ONLY
- Manufacturer's 1-year warranty
- Single, sterile cheek swab with stabilizing liquid
- Biohazard specimen bag
- Detailed instructions on sample collection
- Prepaid packaging for easy return shipping of your cat's sample (USA orders only)
- Ships to US
- Expected Delivery: Dec 10 - Dec 15
- Returns accepted within 30 days of shipment for orders within the Contiguous US.